Friday, March 6, 2020

3rd Quarter Submission/ 3rd Revision

Cover: For my cover for my third revision and my final third quarter submission I did not make many changes to the original design. Rather than leaving what I had done with my cover in Publisher, I decided to transfer my work into Indesign. This was originally quite a challenge because Indesign is formatted very differently than other platforms, such as Publisher, and its functions are more complex. However, I was able to figure it out and transfer my work over. I added a few minor changes to my cover, mainly because things could not be exactly replicated from what I did on Publisher. The color of the font for my title as well as my featured headline turned out to be a little darker and less vibrant than it was previously, however, I think that the darker colors add more definition to the cover. The pink circle on the left side of my cover is also darker and less transparent than it was for my midterm submission, but I think this draws more attention to it. On my title, featured headline, and on the pink circle on the left side of the cover, I added a drop shadow. I think that the drop shadow adds more character to the cover and makes it more visually appealing as it looks somewhat 3D. Along with my few artistic tweaks, I chose to shorten the small paragraph along the right side of the cover. I felt that in my midterm submission, it was a bit too wordy, and just taking out a few words gave it the right length and content to stand out, but not distract. As stated in my midterm submission, my inspiration for using a picture of a model that was shoulder-up and for the title crossing over her head came fro popular magazines, such as Cosmopolitan. 

Table of Contents: I did not make many changes on my table of contents because I was very pleased with my work from my midterm submission, because I felt it portrayed what my magazine had to offer in an organized, artistic, and non-overwhelming fashion. In our midterm submission discussions, I also did not get any critiques on my table of contents. This is why I chose not to attempt to create my table of contents in Indesign. I had a very specific way I envisioned m table of contents to be and since I already had frequent difficulties using I design, it wouldn't have turned out the way I would have liked. Although I did not make revisions on my table of contents in Indesign, I made a small revision in Publisher. The color of title and headings used in my table of contents paired well with the colors used in my bottom picture. I did this originally because it made the whole page more aesthetically pleasing. the pictures and writing worked off of each other very well, creating a nice flow, and it prevented any sort of distraction. However, in my revision, I chose to change the color of my headlines. I wanted to change they color of the font to the same red as the hat in the lower picture. This was to add more correlation between the writing and the picture and make the whole page a working unit. 

Article: For my third and final revision of this quarter, I did not make any changes to my article from what I did in my first and second revision. In my first two revisions, I transferred my article into Indesign. I did this because Indesign had more features to offer and created an overall more organized result. Although I had many difficulties understanding Indesign, I was able to properly produce my vision. For my article, I made many changes from my midterm submission. Primarily, I formatted the body of the article differently. I spaced the paragraphs to show the breaks in the question/answers. I centered my questions over the answers as well as added Q's and A's to make it clear that they were questions and answers. That was a critique I got from my midterm submission. That it was difficult to differentiate between the questions and answers, that it was very cluttered together, and that it needed to look more like an interview. Using the features of Indesign, I was able to properly space all my writing to where it perfectly fit to the end of the paper. In my two pictures that I used for the second page of my articles, I added drop shadows, because it adds dimension to the page and draws more attention to them. Furthermore, I was sure to add my title, page numbers, and website link at the bottom of the pages. This was to add consistency through my magazine. I was sure to match the font, color, and size of the labels at the bottom to match that of mt table of contents. I was aiming to keeping the main structure that I intended in my midterm submission, but making these changes made my article more professional and easier to follow. Overall, for my third quarter submission, I am glad that I used Indesign for my edits because I could make my work look much more realistic and organized. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Revisions

I was unable to complete my final revisions for my blog. There weren’t any major edits or changes I had to make, however there were some cre...