My magazine uses many conventions of the genre of beauty. In my magazine, I cover all three components of beauty: makeup, hair, and skin. My magazine includes many ads spread throughout that would advertise various beauty products to interest readers in other products. My articles are all mixed about, but cover many interests of makeup, hair, and beauty as well as people involved in the industry. Many beauty magazine have a unique and eye catching article to be their feature, which I included with my article on stage makeup. I noticed that many beauty magazines include celebrities, so I was sure to include celebrities in a few of my pieces, because this would attract many readers as they want to be like these celebrities. I organized my table of contents to each different component of beauty which is something that is done in this genre. Finally, I maintained a very girly atmosphere throughout the magazine as this genre normally appeals to women. I used bright colors on my cover for my title, headline, and the bubble on the right side to give the feeling of youthfulness and joy by using spring colors. The pictures and font color I used in my table of contents we paired in a way to make the page very aesthetically pleasing and show structure. On my cover I used a close up photo as this issue mainly focused on makeup and many beauty magazines, such as Vogue, use close up shots to clearly see the features of the models face. I did my photo shoots backstage of the show I was in for readers to see the reality of stage beauty rather than seeing something that was unrealistically staged.
Social Groups:
My magazine mainly targets the social group of young women in today's society, ranging from around the ages 13-30. Makeup is such a large part of society today and how women try to express themselves, and this is especially true in young women. Younger women are constantly keeping up with trends, trying to impress people, and constantly beautifying themselves. Since these are younger women, there isnt a definite income level of the target audience, however it does cover all kinds of different income levels for the most part. This is because people of all income levels beautify themeselves and people also tend to try to save money in their beauty. The magazine is geared toward social groups that is interesting in beauty, how it works, what products to use, who uses what, success in the area, etc. My magazine will be appealing to younger beauty enthusiasts and beauty product users because it very eye-catching and fun to read. It offers a range of topics through that will interest different people of different ages, experience, and income. With my featured article, I wrote it about stage makeup because so much of the makeup that people do today, originated from the stage. The makeup that young women wear is so intense and I felt that my featured article was very informative on that. Keeping my magazine fresh and bright was also effective in representing the social group of young women, along with things such as my celebrity articles and quizzes.
No comments:
Post a Comment