Sunday, December 22, 2019

Midterm Submission

I made some changes to my cover while designing. At first, I wanted to cut out just the model's body for the cover so that the pink background would be seen. However, I realized that would be too difficult and decided that the picture taking up the entire cover looked nicer. It look simpler and more clean cut. I also chose not to have the top of the model's head cover some of the letters in my title because I ended up preferring that it went over her head. I made the headline larger on my cover and decided to make it pink. This way there was another pop of color that went well with the yellow of the title. I used more fonts than I originally planned because I wanted more variety. I also added the pink circle because it complemented the pink font well and it added more variety in the format of the cover. 

I did not change much with my table of contents. I added a page number, the title of the magazine, and the website for the magazine at the bottom of the page because I noticed that most magazines do that. I had to end up using two pictures for my table of contents. I was originally only going to use the bottom picture, but when I formatted it to where I wanted it, it was too stretched out. These pictures go well together because they are quite dark for the most part. Darkness of the pictures complemented the dark color of the writing. I also chose to remove one of my articles from my table of contents to make it less cluttered and only decided to write the page that each article started on rather than all the pages they appeared on. 

For my article I decided to have it mostly consist of my interview, because it was very detailed and it included very good points. There wasn't much room for me to add extra and I had trouble formatting it correctly. I really wanted to have the picture of the makeup stand as a background for my title but it took a very long time for me to figure out a way to make the title and the picture visible. I wrote a short description at the beginning of my article just to give an overview. I had some trouble finding room for my other two pictures, but through editing some of the text and pacing it within the text, I was able to fit them in. All the pictures I used in the article were taken in the dressing room and all the models were cast member in White Christmas at Sarasota High School. I wanted the title to stick out with a very girly font, but then make the rest of the rest of the article a simple, easy to follow font.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Revisions

I was unable to complete my final revisions for my blog. There weren’t any major edits or changes I had to make, however there were some cre...