How does your product use or challenge conventions of your genre?
My magazine uses many conventions of the genre of beauty. In my magazine, I cover all three components of beauty: makeup, hair, and skin. My magazine includes many ads spread throughout that would advertise various beauty products. My articles are all mixed about, but cover many interests of makeup, hair, and beauty as well as people involved in the industry. Many beauty magazine have a unique and eye catching article to be their feature, which I included with my article on stage makeup. I noticed that many beauty magazines include celebrities, so I was sure to include celebrities in a few of my pieces. I organized my table of contents to each different component of beauty which is something that is done in this genre. Finally, I maintained a very girly atmosphere throughout the magazine as this genre normally appeals to women.
How does it represent social groups or issues?
My magazine mainly targets the social group of young women in today's society. Makeup is such a large part of society today and how women try to express themselves, and this is especially true in young women. Younger women are constantly keeping up with trends, trying to impress people, and constantly beautifying themselves. With my featured article, I wrote it about stage makeup because so much of the makeup that people do today, originated from the stage. The makeup that young women wear is so intense and I felt that my featured article was very informative on that. Keeping my magazine fresh and bright was also effective in representing the social group of young women, along with things such as my celebrity articles and quizzes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Final Revisions
I was unable to complete my final revisions for my blog. There weren’t any major edits or changes I had to make, however there were some cre...
-
The cover of the magazine revolves around a close up shot of a model's face. The title of the magazine spans across the top in thick, w...
-
Cosmopolitan is a widely enjoyed magazine for women that focuses on beauty, fashion, and other aspects of pop culture. Our target audiences ...
-
For my photo shoot I used a high quality camera to produce the best possible images I could. I used a Sony 7R II. I had to adjust the camera...
No comments:
Post a Comment