I aimed to included the wide range of topics that beauty magazines normally cover. Normally beauty magazines include articles on makeup, hair, and skin, so naturally I included content covering all those areas. Alongside my featured article, I included tips on skin care, reviews of products, quizzes, recipes, success stories in beauty, editors letter, beauty trends etc. I wanted to include a few articles that included because that frequently attracts readers, being that they want to be up to date on their favorite celebrities or to be like them. For that reason I included an article on Kylie Jenner as she is one of the dominators of the makeup industry, a celebrity beauty look book, and wildest hairstyles on the red carpet. A lot of beauty magazines that I looked included various picture heavy pages of celebrities to show their fashion trends, accessories, and products. I thought it interesting that I include a quiz in the magazine because I know that from personal experience, I enjoy engaging in the magazine. Being that my magazine revolves around Sarasota and was the December edition, I chose to include many articles related to that. My Sarasota articles focus on many things that define Sarasota, such as beach tips, reviews of shops and beauty services, etc. Being that health is a huge focus in today's society, I included articles on the rise in organic products, healthy habits, age savers, pregnancy tips, the usage of natural everyday items (aloe). Overall, I wanted my magazine to be fully engaging and cover all things beauty. So many things in our daily life and society can apply to our beauty and I wanted to acknowledge that to attract many readers.
Sunday, December 8, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Final Revisions
I was unable to complete my final revisions for my blog. There weren’t any major edits or changes I had to make, however there were some cre...
-
The cover of the magazine revolves around a close up shot of a model's face. The title of the magazine spans across the top in thick, w...
-
Cosmopolitan is a widely enjoyed magazine for women that focuses on beauty, fashion, and other aspects of pop culture. Our target audiences ...
-
For my photo shoot I used a high quality camera to produce the best possible images I could. I used a Sony 7R II. I had to adjust the camera...

No comments:
Post a Comment