Thursday, December 5, 2019

Cover Template

I wanted to make the cover of my magazine very girly and visually appealing. I chose the title Sunkiss because this is a magazine specifically in Sarasota, Florida and related to Sarasota beauty. Sarasota is a very sunny and warm area year round. Being that it is known for its famous beach, Siesta Key, I chose to relate the title based on that. People in Florida are typically quite tan and it is commonly considered beautiful to have your skin be sun-kissed. I chose to make the title bright yellow to represent the sunlight. I chose to use the Broadway font in size 100 and capitalized so that it really popped across the top. I wanted to use the Broadway font because it is very unique and beauty is something that reveals your uniqueness. I used the Elephant font for the rest of the text on the cover to ensure an easy to read font that is still not your typical Times New Roman. I colored the text black so that doesn't clutter the cover with too much color and it contrasts well with the light colors. I italicized the headline to draw attention to is.  I also decided to make the background a soft, baby pink. This contrasts well with the bright yellow and adds to the femininity of the cover. The picture on the cover will be a closeup head shot of a girl. It will only be of their head so that the pink background can still be shown. I got inspired by the close up shot on the Allure magazines and how the title crossed over their head. I want to do a close up shot to be able to show the makeup on the model.



Inspiration:
Image result for allure magazine Image result for allure magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Revisions

I was unable to complete my final revisions for my blog. There weren’t any major edits or changes I had to make, however there were some cre...