Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Production Skills

My production skills have evolved a lot since I began this process. In the beginning, I had no clue how to organize a magazine, schedule photoshoots with models and locations, how different shots/fonts/colors have different effects, how the structure of a magazine is outlined, etc. During production, learned the proper locations and shots for my models. the shots used have a big effect in what your trying to show in your magazine and I learned that for fashion magazines, it is common to use a simplistic close up shot of your model for the cover. I also learned that with your pictures, you must know the right places to place them and when they must be dominant feature of your page, such as on the first page of the article. I have improved my design/organization skills, now knowing how to appeal to my audience and making  the pages visually appealing. I learned that variation is essential in your fonts and colors, but in a way in which they complement each other. In scheduling the structure of the flat plan, I learned how to properly distribute ads throughout the magazine and what different features can be present throughout the magazines, such as interviews, advice, quizzes, and articles. Finally, I learned that in production, it is important to understand the audience and how to market the magazine based on their consumption habits. Overall, my production skills have mainly improved on how to organize a magazine in a way that is appealing to its audience both visually and based on its content as well as how to plan for the magazine's distribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Revisions

I was unable to complete my final revisions for my blog. There weren’t any major edits or changes I had to make, however there were some cre...